A Layaway program is a popular way to pay for items that you might not have the money in hand for.
What Does Layaway Mean?
A purchasing method that allows a consumer to put a product on hold by placing a deposit on the item. Layaway allows the customer to make smaller payments on the product until the purchase price is paid in full, rather than paying for the item with credit and adding interest to the cost. A layaway plan ensures that the chosen merchandise will be in stock and ready for delivery / pick-up when the final payment is made.
What's special about eLayaway?:
First, online layaway programs are somewhat rare. Most stores prefer their customers to visit the store in person. However, Web-based layaway programs are starting to gain traction in a struggling economy, which makes it nice for customers who want to shop.
It's a great way to find what you need without breaking your budget.
In its simplest form, layaway plans allow you to set something aside at the store while you make payments on it. You don't own the item and can't take it with you until it is fully paid. The store is simply reserving it for you. The store charges a layaway fee in order to hold the merchandise, but there is no interest involved because you are not purchasing on credit.
Layaway is offered only on certain items, which are marked, There is a $5 fee and a deposit of the greater of $15 or 10% is required. The payoff period is maximum 5 weeks and there is a $15 fee for canceled orders.
Layaway Fast Facts:
* A Layaway contact is two (2) to five (5) weeks of the start of the Layaway.
* The Service Fee on all new Layaway contacts is $5 (per item).
* The Calcellation Fee on all new Layaways contacts is $15.
* A Service Fee of $5 will be added to the 1st payment.
* As long as the payments are made on time, the merchandise will be held for you.
* Layaway merchandise will be returned to stock four (4) days after a missed payment.
* If Layaway merchandise is returned to stock, you are eligibile for a refund minus Service and Cancellation Fees.
Layaways Transaction Rules:
* You can use one or any combination of these acceptable payment options: Cash, Check, Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, debit card). Customer can make a payment online or contact any sales representative.
* New Layaways contracts cannot be created if you have other delinquent Layaways contacts.
* No partial takeouts are permitted.
* Person initiation Layaway must be the same person finalizing Layaway.
* If you make a payment that is less than the minimum amount due, your payment due date is not advanced to the next weekly cycle. You are still obligated to fulfill the rest of the current payment balance before the system will advance your next payment due date.
* Mail payments can only be made with a check.
* No price adjustments are allowed on clearance items or Holidays merchandise.
Note: Rain Check (merchandise on sale but our of stock) and special orders can be put on Layaway only after the item arrives in the store.
1. You may cancel this layaway at any time before last payment is made by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the event of cancellation, we will refund the money you have paid, minus the Service Fee of $5 and Cancellation Fee of $15.